LiveCall Google Analytics integration
How to track conversions in Google Analytics?
If you track LiveCall conversions in your Google Analytics account you'll be able to optimize your lead generation funnel and marketing spending. In this short guide I'll show you how to kick off.As strange as it may sound, there is a difference how you have your GA installed. In this post I'll only deal with Universal Google Analytics code that is installed directly in your website code or through a plugin, which does not distort following code.
Unfortunatelly, GA installed with GTM or with different code like Global Site Tag (gtag.js) will not work this way.
First things first
Go to your LiveCall Settings and make sure that "Integrate with Google Analytics" option is ticked.To check whether your integrations works go to your GA and go to Real-Time section and select Events. You should be seeing something like this:
- visit — when callback widget is shown,
- popupOpened — when callback popup was opened,
- widgetClosed — when widget was closed,
- notLimited — when a widget is displayed,
- interested — when a visitor clicks on the widget,
- uninterested — when a visitor closes the widget,
- callInitiation — when a visitor initiates a callback,
- callStart — when the connection is made,
- callEnd — when a call is finished.
Conversion Tracking - setting up a goal
In most cases requesting a call-back and sharing phone number is treated as a conversion. For this reason we will use callInitiation event as a conversion.
- Go to your GA >> Admin >> Goals >> Add New Goal
- For Goal setup select "Custom"
- For Goal descrptiption put your name ex. LiveCall initiation and select "Event"
- For Goal details Category Equals to LiveCall and Action Equals to CallInitiation
This should look like this. Save.