LiveCall & GA & GTM integration
How to track conversions in GA installed throught GTM?
If you track LiveCall conversions in your Google Analytics account you'll be able to optimize your lead generation funnel and marketing spending. In this short guide I'll show you how to kick off.
As strange as it may sound, there is a difference how you have your GA installed. In this post I'll only deal with Universal Google Analytics code that is installed throught Google Tag Manager (GTM) on your website code. (https://livecall.io/blog/livecall-google-tag-manager)First things firstin GTM:1. go to Variablesclick Configure built in Variables, tick all clicks2. If you haven't go add new User-Definded VariableNewtype: Utilities >> Google Analytics SettingsName it GoogleAnalyticsId
Setting up Trigers and Tags
3. Go to TriggersNewLiveCall CallInitiation
contains: livecall-callback-v1-buttonGo to TagsCreate GA-LiveCall Call Initiation tag
When editing tag you also need to select trigger.
PUBLISH changesGo to your LiveCall Settings and make sure that "Integrate with Google Analytics" option is disabledTo check whether your integrations works, submit a test call on your website and then go to your GA and go to Real-Time section and select Events. You should be seeing something like this:
Conversion Tracking - setting up a goal
In most cases requesting a call-back and sharing phone number is treated as a conversion. For this reason we will use callInitiation event as a conversion.
- Go to your GA >> Admin >> Goals >> Add New Goal
- For Goal setup select "Custom"
- For Goal descrptiption put your name ex. LiveCall initiation and select "Event"
- For Goal details Category Equals to LiveCall and Action Equals to CallInitiation
This should look like this. Save.
Done. Congratulations!Troubleshooting (no events in GA)
- Make sure there you or your visitors had time to request callbacks on your website. No callbacks = no events = no conversions in GA
- Check whether you've published changes in GTM
3. If you're using GTM to have GA on your website and you've done everithing in acordance with the above article let us help you. Write to email@example.com